Wednesday, May 18, 2016

This Time... It was me

Over the years, my husband and sons have provided me with a lot of quality material for me to write about and share with readers.  I've written about their hobbies (Married to a MAMIL), their forgetfulness (It Started as a Lesson) and them leaving home (I'm Leaking).

And much to their delight, I now have a story to share about me.

It started with an interview I needed to conduct for a local magazine.  The client is a custom wood carver and refinishes furniture.  I used Google Maps on my computer and had the directions sent to my phone for easy access.

The following day, I had placed an "in search of" ad in one of the local online garage sales, searching for a mattress and box spring for my son who is moving into an unfurnished home at college this fall. Once again, I used Google Maps to navigate and sent the link to my phone.  I purchased the mattress and box spring, and my husband and son planned on picking the items up the following evening.

When the time came for them to go, I forwarded the Google Map link to them.  Fifteen minutes later, I received a phone call.  It was from my husband.  "What is the address of the home with mattress? I'm at xxxx."

10 Minutes Prior to This Phone Call.... 

They arrive at a house, and someone is the garage, apparently waiting for them.  She started showing them the hand carvings and in particular a set of drawers.  My son and husband were impressed but perplexed by this tour.

"These carvings are beautiful," said my husband. "But we're really here to pick up the mattress."

"What mattress?"

"The mattress my wife purchased yesterday."

"I don't know anything about a mattress for sale."

That's when he called me.  I had sent them to the home of the client I had interviewed a few days prior.  She was out in the garage because she was expecting a potential customer around the same time that evening.

I sent the correct address, and they picked up that dang mattress.  My son said this was probably the most awkward thing he's ever experienced.

You're Welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment